Design

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

35 Weeks

We are 35 weeks pregnant today, and also have 35 days left until our due date. I think baby is running out of room since I don't feel a whole lot of kicks anymore its more big rolling movements and him pushing out or down. We think we have decided on the name Jack Ryan. It is Ryan's pick and I am just trying to get myself used to it. I am very glad we finally have somewhat decided on something. It's getting to close to him being born for him to be without a name! I was suppose to have a 35 week appointment this Wednesday but we rescheduled for next Monday the 29th due to Ryan's work schedule, so it will actually be a 36 week appointment instead. I am going in every week now. At this appointment they will do the group b strep test and check my cervix. I am hoping I will show some progress! I am excited to see what they will say. I'm getting a little uncomfortable now at night with sleeping. My hands start to get tingly a lot during sleep and my hips and crotch ache and I am up about 3-4 times to go pee. Other than that I feel pretty good. Some days I feel like I have a ton of energy and others I just feel heavy and tired. I try to take advantage of those good days and get a lot of house work done. I recently shampooed all the carpets in the house and I was so glad to have that all finished. Our baby boy likes to push down quite a bit and sometimes it can get a little painful. I wonder what station he is at now if at all. It really feels like he is so low. Here are some new pictures taken today for this week.







Lydia is doing great. She says "baby Jack" and feels his kicks and says "baby kick". She is such a good girl and I love how loving she is. She just starting calling some of her aunts and uncles by name. She says Uncle Sean perfectly and calls Uncle Ryan, "Whino" and Aunt Christine "Steener" and she loves to say Baby Shelby. She LOVES to go places and is always asking me to "go". She asks to "go get Papa's mail". (The business & personal mail for Matheson Drilling) and she has gotten into asking Daddy to go "get apple pies!" She is always talking about apple pie since she read a book that mentions it even though she never really eats it when we have them. We went to Rapid City this last Sunday and she had a blast. She absolutely loved it and was such a good girl the whole time, even the car ride there and back she was quite and patient. I was so proud of her. She is doing great with potty training and will go every time by herself if she is naked. She will go to the bathroom, do her business, wipe and dump it in the toilet, flush and put her potty bucket back. However if she has panties, a diaper or a pull up on she will not go every time. I think she just gets lazy and thinks she can just go if she has something on.. Leaving her in wet or dirty panties or diapers doesn't work for her. She doesn't care if she has a dirty diaper and would sit in it for hours if I let her. I am not sure where to go from here or how to break her of that habit. Any suggestions? We spent an hour at the park on one of the nice days we had last week and she absolutely loved it. She couldn't get enough and got along great with all the kids there. It was during school hours so all the children were under 5. She had a great time making conversation and chasing each other around the park.





2 comments:

The Kennedy's said...

I like that name! very cute!
Oh that is so cool she can feel the baby kick and knows its baby Jack!! I see she is wearing her new jammies in her pictures ;-) very cute!

Im getting excited to get the call that your going into labor!!! :-)

Lee Ann said...

I love the name and I love your belly!! You look more and more belly every week!! Thanks for the updated pictures and the update on how you are doing. I need to email you and I'm sorry I haven't for a while. We have been very busy. I completely remember the croch pain and loosing the circulation in your hands and feet. YECK You are almost done you can do it!!!