Design

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines Day & A Cute Video

We all had a very nice Valentines Day this year. Ryan had a beautiful lavender rose bouquet delivered to our house for me. Here are some pictures:




I got Ryan a bag of candy and 5 new blu-ray movies. Lydia also got a bag from Daddy & me with a big stuffed monkey holding a heart a couple new movies and some candy. She also got a bunch of nice things from her Grandma & Grandpa Kennedy who watched her on Valentines Day evening while Ryan and I went out. They got her some pretty pink roses, a little valentines day frog, a book, candy and chocolate covered strawberries! Wow! She had a great time with them and Ryan and I had a really wonderful time out together. We went to the movie Wolfman and then to dinner at Prime Rib afterwards, the dinner was really delicious and we both talked about how we wished we would do this more often.

Lydia turns 2 years old tomorrow. I can hardly believe that my baby is already 2. It just seems like a second ago I was pregnant with her. Being pregnant again just refreshes my memory constantly of my pregnancy with her and the similarities and differences with her and our son. It just amazes me that that was over 2 years ago, I feel like I was just going through all of this.

She is growing like a weed in every way. Her hair is coming in like crazy now and she is constantly doing new things and learning new words and skills. She knows a few of her primary colors, can sing the ABC's, and can count to 10 with some help. She can say just about any word and really tries hard to repeat words you ask her to say and she will try and try again until she is happy with how it comes out. She loves for mommy to scratch her back and will come to me and lift the back of her shirt up. :) Her favorite things to do are to read, color, play pretend, put together puzzles, cook and to watch her favorite shows which are Dora, Diego, Little Bear, Pooh, The Wonder Pets & Max & Ruby. She is getting better and better with the potty. She has gone many times now by herself. She will even take her diaper off and throw it in the sink before she sits down. She went quite awhile naked the day before yesterday without going potty so I asked her if she needed to go pee pee. She ran to the bathroom and a bit later came to get me telling me "pee pee" and pointing to the bathroom. Sure enough she just about filled the pot in the little potty totally full! I am so proud of her. She has gotten very good about going when I ask or remind her, its just going to take a little time I think for her to recognize that she needs to pee, hold it in, and get to the bathroom on her own.

She loves her daddy and thinks he is so much fun to play with. She gets excited when she hears his truck pull up to the house when he gets home from work. Here is a picture of her with Daddy's work hat and ID Badge.

She also really loves to sing and dance. I noticed last week in the car while we were listening to some Alicia Keys music that she was actually singing along. Ever since I have been wanting to get it on video. Last night we were able to get her on tape singing the song. Here it is:



In other family news, Ryan's sister Rachael & her husband Chris welcomed their 2nd daughter into the world yesterday afternoon. Miss Chloe Katelyn was born at 1:09pm and was 6lbs 11oz and 18 inches. Her sister Emma Lia is 11 months. They will be very close sister's throughout their life I am sure. Rachael was due on March 8th and was induced early yesterday due to her having pre-eclamsia and the baby not continuing to grow. They are still in the hospital today and are not sure yet when they will be released since they want to monitor Rachael and her high blood pressure until that is under control. Unfortunately the hospital is not allowing any visitors in the labor and delivery unit unless they are immediate grandparents due to the flu scare so we are not able to go see them. We are very glad that little Chloe is healthy and are excited to see them once they return home.

2 comments:

The Kennedy's said...

Awesome video of Lydia! She is changing so much everytime i see her! Its hard to believe it was 2 years ago when you had her! Wow!
Glad to hear you guys had a good valentines day!! Thanks for the updates!

Danielle said...

I love your roses! So pretty! And that video of Lydia is TOO CUTE! Getting so big. :)