I have the book "The Vaccine Book" By Dr. Sears and was reading about aluminum and different things. I decided to call Lydia's pediatrician to get a list of all the vaccines she has had so far and also ask for info on what brand of vaccines they use with info on the ingredients in each one.
The receptionist wasn't able to help me with the vaccine information but said she would have a nurse call me. She faxed over her record and as I was looking it over I started to get worried.. It showed she had Polio 5 times already, no rotavirus, and she went in for what I thought was a HIB shot in December and that wasn't even on there!
I called them back right away and after 2 hours of me calling and talking to the receptionist and the receptionist to a nurse going over her file they re-faxed me her record with everything corrected. I have to mention that I have THREE faxes from them. They would fix something and then I would go over it again and see something else and call them back about it. It took THREE times until they got it right! So she has had Polio 3 times but I notice still no rotavirus. So I talk to the nurse and she tells me that the vaccine was new and they didn't get very many so the doctor decided not to give it to Lydia. The doctor never spoke with me about this at all.. I had NO IDEA!! She asked if Lydia was in daycare and I told her no and she said that sometimes he decides not to give it to babies that are not in daycare... I don't even remember him asking me that! They can only give it to her at 2, 4, 6 so she said that she won't ever get this vaccine... This really upsets me that the doctor didn't at least discuss this with me or let me know. Is that too much to ask!?
Then I asked the nurse about what brands of vaccines they use and she said that our state sends them vaccines, they don't ever know what they will get and sometimes its this or sometimes its that.. argh.. like they don't even care!! I was hoping to get a pamphlet or something on the brand and ingredients in the vaccines they have done on her.
Ryan will be starting his new job soon so we will finally be getting some great insurance. They don't cover any doctors or pediatricians in our town so we will be traveling to South Dakota for Lydia's doctor visits, which is where I had Lydia and went for all my prenatal visits. She had a birth pediatrician there that I chose for her before birth, but I see on their website now that they have a new pediatrician there that has amazing credentials so I'll probably go to her. It's an hour and half drive but well worth it. Her 12 month appointment here in Gillette is for March 3rd but I'll be cancelling that shortly to reschedule with Spearfish. I am hoping that Dr. Joan Gibson will be much more thorough, clear and attentive to these important matters. I like Dr. Fall okay, he is a pleasant person. But I feel he is too "in and out" for me. He kind of has a "yeah, what ever you want to do is fine" attitude (for instance when I asked him about the best food choices for Lydia) which I am sure some parents are comfortable with but I want to know what is the very best for my child, and I want my pediatrician to be able to answer my questions very clearly and thoroughly... Oh.. AND GET THEIR PAPERWORK STRAIGHT! GOODNESS!!
1 comment:
Okay... this is just too funny. I KNEW that I recognized the name Dr. Fall, so I called my mom, and sure enough... that is the SAME pediatrician that my brother, Tim, had when we lived in Gillette!
Post a Comment