I went in to comfort her and she stopped crying immediately after I picked her up. I held her in my arms with her head in the crook of my arm. Lydia usually never lets me do this. She does not like to be held like that and usually always fusses and tries to sit up. She laid very quitely in my arms while I rocked her in her rocker, her eyes were as wide as ever and she just laid there staring at me in the darkness.
About 10 minutes later she wiggled her head up to my shoulder still wide eyed as ever and then 10 minutes later her head was under my neck and right over my heart. I was so confused by this whole thing because she never wakes up at night like this and then to be held close in a cuddle with me and being completely wide awake is something she has never done. She just laid there on my chest while I stroked her head and rubbed her back as she just stared at me right in the eyes for 30 minutes straight. It was the most beautiful special moment I have had with Lydia since she was a newborn. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. I really thank God for that very special moment we shared together and I will never forget it.
About 10 minutes later she slowly fell asleep in my arms so I gently put her back in her crib. She woke when I put her down and seemed to be okay but a few minutes later she started crying again. She wasn't crying as hard as she was the first time and she going back and forth from crying to trying to lay down to sleep. After another hour of her going back and forth I got a bottle ready for her thinking maybe she was hungry. I fed her the bottle, put her back down and she did her back and forth crying and trying to lay down to sleep for another hour, until she finally slept soundly until late morning.
As today wore on I noticed she was a lot more fussy than usual but she didn't seem sick or have a fever so I put her down in my lap to check her gums and SURE enough her other top tooth poked through last night! I could tell it wasn't quite all the way through, poor girl. Luckily I had Baby Oragel swabs on hand (thanks Danielle for recommending I get these a few months ago!)
She has never had any trouble teething before so I didn't really expect that at first. I used the swab on her gum and withing 20 minutes she was in a 100% better mood! She was back to her smiling, laughing, singing self. She just went down for bed 30 minutes ago and I made sure to use a dab of the Nightime Gel on her so she will hopefully make it through the night pain free.
1 comment:
Poor girl! But at least you got to spend some special one-on-one time with her... that's always nice. And I'm glad my Oragel suggestion proved useful. :) Give her a hug & kiss for me and tell her that I miss her buches! (and you too!) ;)
Post a Comment