Lydia started Kindergarten this fall! She is loving it so much and has already made so many new 'best friends'. She is learning a lot and having so much fun. She is going on her first field trips this month to the fire station and the planetarium! She very excited. It will also be her first time riding on the bus. :)
Halloween is just around the corner! Lydia has decided to be Minnie Mouse and Jack with be a Ninja Turtle. Lydia will be having a Halloween party at school, and I think for the first time we may do some neighborhood door to door trick or treating this year. Hopefully the weather will be nice! As I write this we are in the middle of a serious blizzard. School was cancelled and the city shut their doors at noon today! It has been an odd fall already with the quickly changing weather. However it is suppose to get back to the 60s even this weekend - what a flood and mud mess it will be then!
If the weather permits we are hoping we will make it to the pumpkin patch again this year to pick some pumpkins. That was such a fun trip last year!
Ryan leaves for Seattle for his fishing trip in a few weeks. He and his Dad are going deep sea fishing! They are both very excited. I hope they get to bring home some nice fish!
Lydia caught her first fish this summer and we also took a trip to Flintstone Park. They really loved that! We also got to ride the go-carts at flags and wheels; Lydia was big enough to drive a small cart by herself! She did really great for it being her first time driving, I was surprised she didn't even hit any side walls on the track. ;)
We welcomed a new niece to the family this summer. What a blessing to see our extended families growing! I love all these babies!! Keep them coming!
I am still very active with my photography hobby and have been taking photos for myself and others as well as for a class I am currently taking which is exploring the more fine art side of photography. It is really stretching my limits in new and exciting ways. It was a great push to get me into new genres of photography that I have always wanted to explore but didn't quite understand fully.
Jack and Mommy are getting a lot more time together these days with sissy being at school. We have been practicing his letter sounds and writing at home and going to the library every week. He really enjoys that a lot. I can't believe next fall both my kids will be in school. Wow I thought life was busy now! I hope he does great in preschool; we will be sending him to the same school his sister attended. We were really happy with our experience there.
Boo is now 10 months! He has gotten so big!! He is still an ornery thing. He has calmed down a ton with the kids but still goes crazy when company comes and also still wants to CHEW EVERYTHING! I am really looking forward to that stage being over. He is very fun and a loving sweet dog though. I am glad he is a part of our family. A little over a month ago he came down with a mystery illness and was very sick. We still aren't sure what he had or how he got it but antibiotics seem to have cleared it up very quickly. I have since taken an insurance policy out on him as I was shocked at how much vet bills cost!! I know in his lifetime he will have many more issues I'm sure and I couldn't imagine being faced with the inability to pay for a bill and have to consider his life. I was very surprised at how reasonable the policies were. Well worth it.
Ryan started a new job in August. It is still a long drive like his last job but it is going well for him and he enjoys the work he is doing there very much.
I will try to keep this updated more often!!




No comments:
Post a Comment