Design

Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year

Wow another year has gone by!  The older I get the faster time escapes me.  Speaking of older, I will be hitting the bit 2-8 this month.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I feel so young, so it's hard to believe I am almost through with my 20's already! Not to mention this year will mark Ryan and I's 10TH anniversary! WOW! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  We all went through a cold during the holiday so it was both good and bad.  We had 4 separate Christmas get together's with different families.  Unfortunately with everyone's work schedules it was the only way we could see everyone.  My parents put together a really fun Christmas party for the kids and their friends in December, it was so fun!  You can see pictures of that on our smugmug. We recently switched photo storage accounts from photobucket to smugmug.  If you are a family/friend of ours and do not have the link to that please email me and I will get it to you.  It is much more user friendly and easier to navigate, I am really liking it so far.

The kids were SOO spoiled this year.  They got WAY to many gifts, my house is about to burst, I just don't know where to put it all!  Second hand stores can no longer accept toys so I am just at a loss as to what to do with some of the older toys that I'd like to get rid of.   Anyone?

Lydia is really enjoying gymnastics, I believe that will continue through till Spring.  I am not sure she will do another season, she has been telling me she would like to try dance now.  I think we may put her in ballet classes when she starts preschool if time permits.   Her preschool registration starts this Spring for the Trinity Preschool we want to send her too.  I hope to be able to get down and sign her up as soon as that opens.  It is first come first serve! That will start the end of August.   She is very excited but she also says how much she will miss me every time we talk about it.  It is the sweetest thing.. :) 

Jack and Lydia both got new bedroom furniture for Christmas.  Lydia moved up into a twin bed and Jack is now in Lydia's old toddler bed.  Lydia just loves her new room. Jack is having a little trouble transitioning.  We never had any trouble with Lydia that I recall but she was a bit older than Jack when we made the crib to toddler bed switch with her.  Most nights if I go check on Jack I will find him out of his bed and crawled up on the floor with his blankie.  He really likes to roam his room and not stay in his bed.   He is still in the into everything stage and is always climbing things or trying to get into something dangerous.  And he just knows exactly when I leave a room or walk away and he will go for something he knows is off limits.  He is quite the stinker!  He is really taking off with his speech now.  He can count and knows quite a few of his letters! He calls me "Mum" which I think is hilarious. ;)   If I ask him "why?" he says "cuz!" or if I say "Okay Jack?" He says "K".  So cute!  He loves playing with his big sis.  They dance and sing together and like to create forts and houses all over the house with blankets.  Jack got lots of cars, trucks and tools for Christmas, which is right up his alley! 

 Ryan just accepted an offer for a new job.  He starts that January 16th!  We are both excited about it.  It is a good move for him with his career and the direction he wants to go with it.  He will also get a truck to use for work which will enable the kids and I to have the car 24/7 now with will be wonderful!! I am really looking forward to that.

I recently graduated from my 3rd photography class.  I start my next on January 16th.  I have completed a Shooting 101, Shooting 201 & Lightroom 101 along with a few mini sessions on newborns, children, posing & off camera flash photography.  I will be taking Photoshop 101 this month, then I hope to take a natural lighting course this Spring when it becomes available.   Ryan purchased my Christmas present a little early (November) - I got my Nikon D7000.  I absolutely LOVE it!   Two of my sister in laws are expecting this Spring and I am so excited to take their maternity photos and newborn pictures.  I hope they turn out as well as I hope! I am really loving what I am learning and taking pictures of my family.  I just finished ordering all of the photo books for this year!  I was so behind!!  From now on I will try to do one after each event instead of waiting until the end of the year.   I do books for each of the kids birthdays, then an Easter, Halloween & Christmas book (all separate books), as well as photo book for each child with their pictures through out the year.

With the new year I'd like to continue in transitioning my family to a more Paleo/Primal diet. Mainly just more meals that do not contain grain, sugar, gluten, starch etc.  More protein and fruits and veggies. I'd also like to attempt a couch to 5k.  I have never been able to run for very long and I am hoping with this gradual program I can get my body accustomed to it.  I am planning on using this long holiday weekend to get my workout space in order downstairs so I can start soon.   Wish me luck! I will need it!

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!  Bring it on 2012!!






No comments: