What a crazy month July was! Mentally, physically and emotionally - it was quite a roller coaster month for the Becker family. August is looking up for us though with the finishing of projects and seeing some fruits of our labors.
We have all our tree's planted and our front gate put in. 1/4 of the sprinklers in. We will be getting sod the middle of this month if everything goes according to plan (keeping my fingers crossed). My brother, us and a few others are trying to get sod at the same time to get a better deal. I hope that all works out well and every one is happy with the end results. Ryan's garage has it's driveway now and we have purchased all the materials to get it framed. He is trading work with contractor from this area to help him with the garage. Ryan is painting his vehicle in return for his services in framing the garage. Ryan has been working on the car all week and should be done this weekend.
Jack had his first trip to the pool last month for my cousin Brooke's 21st birthday. He was much more fearless than Lydia was on her first pool trip. We had never been to the new re-center yet so it was neat to see what that was all about too. It looks to be a very nice facility. Lydia and Jack both had a fun time and met a few kids their ages to splash around with. We went to the fishing lake park afterwards and had fun at the park.
We took the kids to their first carnival last night. I wish they had more rides that we could all ride on including Jack, maybe next year. We were all able to ride the carousel, and that was fun. :) Lydia really enjoyed going on all the rides. The kids played a few games and each of them one a little prize to take home as a souvenir. I really hope sometime before it gets cold we can make it to Denver to take them to the zoo and the aquarium! Maybe September?
Ryan's brother and his family came up for one weekend last month, it was so fun to watch the kids play with each other. Lydia & Jack sure do love their cousins. They had a lot of fun while they were here. :)
Lydia had her first dental appointments this last month. She did amazing for her first time! She had to get some work done on her second appointment and she did excellent, the doctor was very impressed, and I was so proud of her! I also had my teeth cleaned last week. We recently switched dental offices and I am really happy with the change! This new office is very close to our home and is such a nice clinic, with little to no wait time which is great!
Please check out photobucket for new photos and videos. :)
I will update in a week or two with more landscape pictures. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment