Ryan's truck is getting a new transmission this next week, he is pretty excited. His existing one has been giving him nothing but trouble from the start so we have been sharing a car. It will be so nice to have it running so he can drive it to work everyday.
Jack is now in his big boy carseat! He was just getting much to heavy to carry around in his infant one and his head was pretty close to the top of the seat. We had ordered him a convertible seat at the same time we upgraded Lydia's and we have just been storing it until we were ready to put it in. Now both he and sister have their Britax Advocate CS70 seats. His rear-facing of course. :) He really seems to like it and it sits him up more so he can look around better. Jack is now 11 months old and gained over 1 lb last month! He is getting to be such a big boy! We also had to buy bigger shoes this month.
We stopped breastfeeding about a week and a half ago. There were a few factors that lead to it but he had been weaning himself for awhile, since about 9.5 months so it was nice and gradual. He really enjoys his solid food and chews things up great. I have ordered him some organic goat milk formula since I don't want to go full swing with cows milk just yet. I hope he likes it!
He isn't walking yet. He is standing for longer periods of time by himself but he is very unsure of himself to take any steps on his own. He can walk well if you hold one of his hands. He is such a funny little guy, he sure does light up our life! He absolutely loves his big sister and he thinks that her room and especially her bed are just the coolest thing ever! He tried to jump onto her little toddler bed so I give him a little help up and he just laughs and smiles and hops around. It is so cute. :)
Lydia reminds me so much of a little me. She is so bossy and quite a Miss Attitude sometimes! Her ability to figure things out and how fast she picks up on things never ceases to amaze me. She is such a smart girl, we are very proud of her. I am looking into pre-school for her for this fall. I want to enroll her in the Ready 4 Learning Pre-School here at the North Campus
Work has been keeping me pretty busy lately. With work, the kids and keeping the house it definitely is a full day - every day. But I really enjoy keeping busy. I also recently started a new blog. I
have been cooking healthy all natural and organic meals exclusively for the last 3 weeks and want to continue indefinitely. I really enjoy trying new things and flavors and knowing that the foods I am eating are truly nourishing to my body and my children. The dishes always come out so beautiful too with all the colors from different produce. So I have been taking pictures. I thought it would be fun to post them in a blog with the recipes. Here is the link if any of you would like to check it out. :) http://organicfoodjournal.blogspot.com/
2 comments:
How exciting, Lydia starting pre-school next fall!! Time flys! and Jack growing and almost a year! congrats for breastfeeding for long too! Thats cool you are getting the basement all framed in too & love the new blog. :-)
I thought i had commented on this post but must have closed out the window or something..thats great about getting the basement framed and i can't believe how fast time has flown, Lydia & Jack are getting big so fast and changing so much too. Congrats on breastfeeding for so long :-) I like the new blog also.
Post a Comment