Design

Friday, May 14, 2010

1 Month


Jack is now 4 weeks and will be one month old tomorrow! He has grown so much and is changing all the time. He has outgrown newborn diapers and his newborn clothes are getting snug. He smiled at me for the first time this week and he also rolled over from his belly to his back yesterday!
He can get up on his hands and hold his head and upper body up really well. It just amazes me how strong our little guy is. He did really well 4 nights in a row with sleeping the entire night, just getting up to eat every 3 hours. Unfortunately we had a road bump last night and he was up for 3 hours fussing from 10-1am.


He has went from nursing each side every 3-4 hours for 15 min. each to nursing each side every 2-3 hours for 5-8 minutes each and now he is eating every 2-3 hours from only one side for about 8 minutes. He still is sleeping a lot but is awake much more than he was a few weeks ago.
He has about 3-4 hours of alert awake time during the day now. I am hoping to get him in to public health to get his weight and height checked soon. I was hoping to do it today during Ryan's lunch break but he had a lunch meeting today. Maybe Monday. I will update with that info once we get him in to get checked.

Lydia is doing great too. Her lip and gum are all healed up. She is really getting into Strawberry Shortcake lately and is always asking to watch her on the "tiny TV". She rarely even asks for Pooh anymore! She is speaking so well and talks in complete sentences most of the time. She has been so good with Jack and is very sweet to him. She likes to put her favorite toys next to him and cover him with a blanket. She absolutely loves being outdoors. Daddy took her fishing last weekend and she had a blast. We will definitely be enjoying the weather this weekend by getting outside. She has pretty much outgrown all her 18month clothes, the pants and shirts are all getting too short. I need to get her some 24month summer clothes, a new swim suit and size 6 shoes. I am really looking forward to taking a trip to Denver with the kids late this summer/early fall. I want to take Lydia to the zoo and the aquarium, I think she would just LOVE it now that she is at an age where she knows what things are. Lydia still takes a nap every day from about 2:30pm-4:30pm. I try to get Jack fed and settled around that time too so that I can lay down while they do to catch up on some sleep. Lydia's favorite toys right now are her tea party dishes. She also loves to clomp around in her princess dress up heels.




Ryan and I are doing weight watchers online together. I started a week and a half ago, Ryan just started this week. So far it's going great. I had went on it a month before finding out I was pregnant with Jack and I had lost 15lbs. It seemed so easy and the food was great. All the recipes we have tried so far are awesome and it doesn't even feel like we are dieting. I lost 7.5 lbs the first week, not sure of the progress this week since we weigh in just on Mondays. I know most of that was probably water, but it's nice to see the scale go down either way. I am hoping to reach my goal weight by Christmas of this year.

Ryan has been driving our car to work for the last month since his truck isn't drivable at the moment. He is in the process of building a new gas tank for it an it has taken quite a bit longer than expected. It will be pretty cool when it's all finished though since it is custom. He is staying busy with work and his truck.

My friend Erica welcomed her 2nd child into the world today via c-section. Miss Lynsey Anna was born at 9am weighing 6lbs 8oz and 20 in long. Congratulations Renney family!

4 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I am so glad to see you are doing well! I'm glad Lydia is adjusting to being a big sister so well!! When you guys go down to Denver you should visit us in Ft. Collins!!! ; )

Danielle said...

I'm glad that things are going so well! Jack is absolutely adorable and Lydia is such a great big sister! They're both getting so big already. :)

Gramma K said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family you have Shannon & Ryan! That's what this life is all about. Enjoy every second of it.

The Kennedy's said...

1 Month already! It is crazy how fast it goes!! Jack is adorable!! Lydia speaks so well and has changed so much. She is so much fun!